Besides the points mentioned in Phone Interview, the following points can be used for Face to Face Interview.
- Dress Appropriately. Wear appropriate business attire. If you know the company has a formal environment, wear a suit, if you know it is more casual, men should wear slacks, a dress shirt and tie. Reduce the amount of distractions you offer from your personal appearance.
- Be on time. Try to arrive at least a half hour prior to your scheduled interview. This will help you locate where you are supposed to meet, announce yourself with the receptionist and get validated with security if needed. A late comer may give the interviewer the impression that you are not serious about working there and if hired may not be dependable and show up for work.
- Be Prepared. Know where you are going, who you are meeting with and what is expected of you. Make sure you bring at least 3 copies of your resume with you (1 for you to review and 2 for the interviewer(s).) Be ready to discuss any work samples or skill sets that will apply to your job.
- Listen more than you talk. Remember talking is sharing and listening is caring. Listen very attentively and when you speak have something meaningful to say on topic and on point. If you don’t understand the question, ask the interviewer to repeat it and clarify the question.
- Thank the Interviewer(s). It is very important to thank the interviewers and appreciate their time
- Follow up. Just as in the phone interview, you want to convey your interest and appreciation to the interviewer for giving you the opportunity to interview. Express gratitude and highlight your strengths and how you would be a welcomed addition to their team.